Ahoy... a time lost in space and essence

Hmm....so how do we refer to ourselves when we have to 'self-reflect'? I for one don't really care to have to agonize my way through such remedial tasks, but alas, there are things that are completely outta my control.

Self reflection...I mean seriously, what is it all about? Who is it for? Is it so you can learn yourself better? Or is it so someone who has no care in the world to learn more about you? I would think it's for the individual that is 'self-reflecting'. But doesn't that term on its own cause but a bit of a conundrum? I mean you can never see 'yourself' without the aid of something else..(i.e. whatever you're seeing you reflection in, either be it a person or mirror). It'll always be a biased observation anyhow. Are you gunna let everything out there to hang in the wind just so people can judge their lives according to yours and say, "Wow, and I thought my life was fucked?" Well, my answer is: No.

I tell you everything there is you need to know about me every time I draw breath. As I live I teach you, and myself, about me. You wanna know who I am? Spend time with me, see how I interact with others, see where my heart and responsibilities and social morae falls. I need nary a reflection to know who I am. A little of introspective work takes place in my life of course; but certainly I don't need it to be exploited to the general population. You wanna know how you get that information? Ya fuckin' prove yourself to me in a time and manner longer than 39.098706 seconds. Yeah, that's a pretty exact number, but hey, I'm a pretty exact man.

In my very recent past I had to provide a written executionary journal about my 'self-reflection'. Was I thrilled? Not exactly. Did I acquiesce and choke through the task? Yes, of course I did. However, that in itself is a better indicator as to who I am than whatever prose I scripted. Afterall, I held the power to script what I felt.. I could take my nom d' blum writing rights and provide anything that I felt that fit the bill. Did I take advantage of my position of power... well, kinda. However, I did come true with some things only to keep intact a degree of my integrity (and for any of those whom know me, you know that's rather high).

But, as for now I shall bid ye adieu from the bottom of my new self-reflective self, and bore ya not with anymore childish banter.

PiE

---BJS

(Written Thursday, 21 December 2006)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Once here, Suddenly gone

Find Me