Stolen Images

Standing alone looking at the reflection of one I don't recognize anymore
The idleness of the hand traces my features in total confusion
Once a human with a soul, with a conscious
Lost in the complexity of complete anguish
Emptiness, vastness...completely devoid of any emotion
Never before was there this hole that peers through my heart

Images of truth and virtue weaken the soldier
Managing to get this abandoned body to walk again
Anger and disappointment is all that was left of the shell of the person
Gentle nights with loved ones have been long forgotten
Eternal darkness, and destitute is what lays ahead
Serenity: forever to be lost in the misfortune of catastrophe.



---BJS

Comments

Unknown said…
Although my own circumstances have been vastly different, the despair of lonliness and loss have gripped my soul as well. Such pain and anguish can only be made tolerable by the knowledge that there is one guarantee in life: things change. Whether for better or worse remains unknown, but change is blessedly certain.

Popular posts from this blog

Once here, Suddenly gone

Find Me

I just don't know anymore